|Enter Destination||Arrival Date||Nights||Adults|
The Bay Tree Hotel - Accessibility Statement
Outlined below is some information which we hope will ensure you enjoy your visit to The Bay Tree Hotel regardless of whether your life is affected by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning ability. We have tried to include as much accurate detail as possible in our Access Statement but would welcome your feedback in order to continuously improve on the information we give.
Before you arrive:
• Enquiries and reservations can be made online, by phone, e-mail, fax or in person.
• Directions to our hotel can be found on our website or we can send them by e-mail to you. Alternatively if you need a taxi to the hotel from the train station (Charlbury is approx. 15 minutes) we would be pleased to book a car for you.
When you arrive:
• Limited car parking is available to the front of the hotel with plentiful car parking to the rear, a short distance from the hotel along a gravel and tarmac path with a slight slope to the entrance.
• Disabled parking bay is clearly marked.
• Access to reception is available via ground level with 2 steps to negotiate (via the side entrance) or 5 steps from the main entrance.
• Once parked we will be delighted to show you to your room and deliver your luggage.
• Paths and car park are well lit.
• The desk is at an accessible level and we offer a check in service away from the desk if this is more suitable.
• The corridors are well lit with a mixture of carpet, hardwood and flagstone tile flooring.
• To access the bar there are a number of steps with handrails.
• To access the restaurant there are a number of steps with handrails.
• There are 6 rooms suitable for guests with disabilities. These include the Garden rooms which are near to the car park and have 1 step to negotiate.
• A ramp is available if you require.
• Movable rails to use in the bathrooms are available from reception.
• Emergency escape procedures are in each bedroom.
Function suite / Conference rooms
• There is moveable seating available and chairs with or without arms can be provided.
• The fire alarm system uses bells. Assistance will be given if required. The duty manager and staff on duty will be made aware of any guests who may require assistance.
• Wheelchair ramps can be provided within the hotel for ease of access and will be set up and dismantled by the staff.
• Well behaved dogs are welcome. A charge of £10 per dog, per night will be added There is no charge for service dogs.
• We would be pleased to provide larger print menus. Please let us know upon reservation should you require this service.
• Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
• The hotel is non-smoking
If you require any assistance or further information, please phone 01993 822791.