|Enter Destination||Arrival Date||Nights||Adults|
We are committed to working in a sustainable way and take care to reduce, re-use and recycle. The company has, and continues to develop, a simple set of operational standards.
• All lights are switched off when not in use.
• Outdoor lighting is on a timer - during summer months 10pm - 12midnight.
• Energy saving light bulbs are in use. Looking to replace all bulbs with energy saving bulbs in the near future.
• Lighting is switched off at night time except for emergency lighting.
• Automatic lighting in the cupboard in Allium room.
• Fans are always turned off when not in use.
• Fans are turned down during quieter periods.
• Logs are supplied by a tree surgeon from Westonbirt near Tetbury.
• Fires are only lit during cooler days.
• Guests are asked to not put anything on the fires.
• The hotel has insulation in all of the loft spaces.
• Local attraction leaflets are displayed for guests.
• Newspapers are collected daily from the local news agents in Burford.
• In-house floral displays are from a local florist – Riche de Fleurs.
• Floral arrangements for guests are from Eden Flowers on Burford High Street.
• Gardens plants and flowers from Pennylands Nurseries, Broadway.
• Beers from the local Hook Norton Brewery (approx. 11 miles).
• 6x from Wadworth Co. Ltd, Devizes, Wiltshire.
• Westons Cider from Herefordshire.
• Bottled Blenheim Water is all bedrooms.
• Tyrrells potato chips from Herefordshire can be purchased at the bar.
• Vegetables mostly from Worcestershire including the Vale of Evesham Asparagus when in season.
• Sausages from Todenham Manor Farm, near Moreton-in-Marsh – looking to expand buying beef and pork from here in the near future.
• Bibury Trout.
• May Hill Green Cheese from Gloucestershire & Cerney Goats Cheese from North Cerney, Cirencester.
• Cotswold Coffee from Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire
• A copy of Cotswold Life magazine is displayed in all of the bedrooms and lounge areas.
• Paintings displayed from Dartmoor artist Katharine Lightfoot.
• Weekly collection for all cardboard and bottles.
• Old newspapers are collected and used for lighting the fires.
• Leaves are collected from the garden and made into compost.
• Paper towels in the toilets are made from recyclable paper.
• Molton Brown toiletries bottles are refilled each time rather than replaced.
• Paper is reused whenever possible.
• Used cooking oil is collected and converted into bio-diesel and bio-fuel.
Supporting the local community
• Members of the Burford Chamber of Trade.
• Support the local school with sponsorship and donations to raffles.
• Incentive for all local B&B providers; 10% discount scheme.
• Discounted rates for local businesses needing accommodation.
• Guest towels washed upon request only to conserve water..
• Guests are asked to turn TV’s off and not to be left on standby.
• Chefs homemade flapjacks are in all guest rooms ready for arrival.
• Staff donations to their chosen charities.