|Enter Destination||Arrival Date||Nights||Adults|
Fishing on the River Coln
The Swan Hotel enjoys the fishing rights on the River Coln between the wooden footbridge and the stone bridge linking Bibury with Arlington. Reasonable trout fishing may be had during the season, which opens on 1st April and closes on 30th September each year.
Please note the following regulations.
1) Fishing is reserved principally for the hotel’s resident guests, to whom the hotel offers first refusal and the facility to book specific days. Non-residents are welcome to fish, however the hotel is unable to make forward bookings for non-residents. A telephone call on the day normally suffices.
2) Fishing is by dry fly only and from the Rack Isle bank only, between the wooden footbridge and Arlington Row Bridge. You cannot fish between the footbridge and the stone bridge opposite the hotel. Rack Isle is owned by the National Trust, so we request that care is taken not to abuse the access. Because of the wildlife population, dogs are not permitted on Rack Isle.
3) No wading or net fishing is permitted.
4) Bag limit is three fish, subject to them being over the statutory 2lb limit.
5) Fishing from the hotel garden is not permitted.
6) Maximum of three rods at any one time
7) Before we are able to issue a ticket you will have to produce a valid National
Rod Fishing Licence, available from the local Post Office.
Charges 2014 Season
Residents £45.00 per Rod per Day (£25.00 per half day )
Non Residents £50.00 per Rod per Day (£30.00 per half day )
The Kitchen will, of course, be delighted to prepare and cook any catch, to your reasonable request.
Please do remember to carry your NRA rod licence and permit at all times. There is a Water Bailiff who has a clear view of the river and may ask you to produce them.
Please do not forget to complete your return. The book is kept at Reception.
Please ensure you do not leave any refuse or old line either on the bank or in the river and if you see any please clear it away.
Fishing Licence Charges 2014
Licences are obtainable from a local Post Office, charges from:
Coarse Fishing: 1 Day - £3.75, 8 Days - £10.00, Full - £27.00